Followers of my blog will know that I have been working on a quilt since January 2020 – using a combination of scraps of fabric bought by me in 2010 and by my mother-in-law in the 1960’s and 70’s. We originally made a queen size quilt together using the “Cobblestone” pattern. There were several blocks leftover from that project, some of which were used to make a baby quilt for my granddaughter in 2013.
I finished the quilt blocks earlier this month and am working on putting them all together into a single bed sized quilt for the spare room.
The current project called for 18 “sampler” pattern blocks, alternating with “hourglass” blocks. I didn’t like the configuration, (shown above as writ in the pattern). To me it distracts from the pieced Provençal fabrics, and makes the quilt look like something to put on the floor.